Service Desk Analyst / IT Support Engineer, Warwick
Service Desk Analyst / IT Support Engineer, Warwick
As part of our continued growth we are looking to expand our Service Desk team in Warwick; we are looking for technical Service Desk analysts with excellent customer services skills, the right technical aptitude and a desire to continue to deliver the outstanding service and support that our customers have come to expect.
As part of a small but growing Service Desk team you will support our customers and their end-users by providing general advice and guidance as well as working on Incidents and Service Request to defined SLAs.
Depending on your skills and experience you will undertake a range of 1st and 2nd line activities (and a range of other ITIL aligned duties) as part of the team, including…
Answering telephone calls, monitoring emails and logging tickets to agreed SLAs
Providing end-user support and assistance for typical desktop, office and other end-user computing tasks
Completing incidents, service requests and other defined activities including performing proactive checks, basic event triage and resolving subsequent issues within agreed parameters, handing-off to other Resolve Groups and third parties when needed
Providing lifecycle support and keeping users informed of progress at all times
You may on occasion be required to work on customer sites
The role requires excellent customer service skills and an ability to communicate with customers at all levels, along with patience, understanding and the ability to proactively take responsibility for end-user’s problems.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO SUCCEED
You will be a confident, pro-active self-motivated person, who is experienced working under pressure in a fast-paced environment. You will be able to follow processes and procedures correctly with minimum oversight, you will work independently as well as part of a multi-skilled team and you must be prepared to work differing shift patterns including occasional evenings and weekends.
You will ideally be experienced in dealing with technical hardware and software incidents. The ideal candidate will be motivated to take advantage of internal training and support the business in maintaining our Microsoft Gold Partnership status by keeping up-to-date with the latest Microsoft certifications.
The position will involve the following areas of responsibility, you will:
• Be the first point of contact and you will be responsible for the triage of Service Desk calls; you will properly categorise and prioritise these calls and escalate if required.
• Be responsible for responding and logging Service Desk tickets that are submitted through telephone, email or via our web portal.
• Be responsible for responding to and resolving customers support calls within contracted SLAs.
• Take ownership of queries raised, ensuring a proactive response is provided through efficient and effective communication with internal and external stakeholders within required service levels.
• Maintain accurate audit trails of contact and outcomes and to support with the
maintenance of appropriate departmental MI and record keeping using the systems
• Identify trends to support with the effective management of root cause analysis and risk
• Effectively communicate with customers and end-users.
• Utilise appropriate questioning and listening skills to identify and offer appropriate solutions.
• Successfully establish and maintain partnerships with others through effective interpersonal skills.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose and rectifying technical problems and queries following first-line-fix criteria and where possible resolving at first contact.
• Set up new user accounts & profiles, set up and configuring new laptops and desktops to agreed standards and specific builds.
• Install authorised software on laptops and desktops.
• Manage third party vendors and suppliers, logging and escalating calls with third parties where required, ensuring communication back to the customer.
We are looking for people that can demonstrate the required technical and customer services skills therefore the following experience is advantageous:
• Working within a managed service provider environment
• Knowledge of MS Office 365 applications
• Experience in Autotask/AEM or another ITSM tool (Service Centre/Remedy)
• Experience with Windows 7, 8 & 10, Windows Server 2008 / 2012, 2016, Mac OSX
• Active Directory basics i.e. password reset
• Understanding of workstation hardware, including installing PCs and printers.
• Mobile device configuration
• Basic VPN experience
• Basic networking principles TCP/IP
• RDP or remote access tool experience
• Basic understanding of setting up and maintaining users, and managing permissions.
• Basic understanding of anti-virus software/anti-spam solutions
• Troubleshooting and assisting with internet related problems
TECHNICAL CERTIFICATIONS DESIRABLE
• NVQ IT
• GNVQ IT
• City and Guilds
• COMPTIA+ (Assures the below)
• MS Certificate(s)
• GCSE A-C
• A Level A-C
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds of interest, please complete the form at the top of this page or alternatively send an updated CV and cover letter to, Lindsay Jones, HR Manager. Lindsay.email@example.com.
Please note: this role is based in our Warwick office therefore we are looking for candidates that are able to easily commute and commit to our shift and work patterns. Whilst we try and provide feedback, unfortunately we are unable to respond individually to each applicant. If you do not hear from us within 14 days of submitting your details, you may assume you have not been selected on this occasion. We have an approved supplier process so no recruitment agencies please
Apply for this role
Please fill in the required fields, upload your CV and click ‘Send’.